FUJIFILM Business Innovation New Zealand Limited and its subdidiaries, employees, officers and agents (“we”, “us” “our” or “FBNZ”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal information. FBNZ is bound by, and complies with, the Privacy Act 2020 (the “Act”).
“Personal information” means any information that can identify you either directly or indirectly (i.e. by reference to other information we have access to), such as your name, address, email address, telephone number, and photographs and images that are provided to us.
1. How we collect your personal information
We collect personal information about you when you:
- Visit our Site (we collect information relating to your use of our Site and the content you access).
- Enter FBNZ promotions or competitions (such as your name, email address, mobile number).
- Contact us with a question, sales enquiry, query, complaint or feedback (such as your name, email address, contact phone number, address, and any personal information included in the message you submit to us).
2. How we use your personal information
We use personal information for the following purposes:
- Selling, promoting and providing products and services requested by you.
- Registering and handling of service calls.
- Responding to communications from you.
- Providing you with information that you request (by post, telephone or email).
- Sending you additional information on our products and services which we think may be of interest to you.
If you do not wish to provide us with personal information, we will be unable to properly provide you with the products, services, information and/or warranty that you require.
When you visit our Site, you can browse and access information without revealing your identity. In order to improve our Site, we use “cookies” to track your visit. A cookie is a small amount of data that is transferred to your browser by a Web server and can only be read by the server that gave it to you. It functions as your identification card, and enables FBNZ to record your user journey. It cannot be executed as code or deliver viruses. Cookies help us to improve our Site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. Cookies enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our Site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our Site.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site by you; therefore any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
5. Privacy breaches
A privacy breach occurs where there is an unauthorised or accidental access to, or disclosure, alteration, loss, or destruction of, personal information held by us or an action that prevents us from accessing personal information on either a temporary or permanent basis.
If we learn of a privacy breach involving personal information we hold, we will assess whether the privacy breach is likely to cause serious harm to an affected individual or individuals. If our assessment finds that the privacy breach has caused serious harm to an affected individual or individuals, or is likely to do so, we will notify the individual or individuals and the Privacy Commissioner within the timeframes prescribed by the Act.
6. Storage of data
We use third party service providers to assist in storing and processing certain types of personal information for us, and some of these service providers may be located overseas, or use facilities located overseas to provide us with services.
7. How long do we keep your personal information for?
We retain personal information for as long as it is needed to be able to provide our services to a customer. Once our services have been provided we will only keep data if it is necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, or to prevent fraud or abuse.
8. External sites
Our Site may contain links to other sites. Please be aware that FBNZ is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. You should check the privacy practices of those third party sites. Links from a FBNZ website to any of those third party sites does not amount to an endorsement by FBNZ of any of those other websites or their content.
9. Social media platforms
Please be aware that if you share any of your personal information on a third party social media website or app (e.g. Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn), your personal information may be collected or used by the third-party website or app and/or the users of these platforms, and could result in you receiving unsolicited messages. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and settings of the social media platforms you interact with.
10. Who we may share your personal information with
We may disclose or share your personal information with third parties in the following circumstances:
- Our group companies. We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
- With your consent. We may share personal information with third parties where you have consented or requested us to do so.
- Third party service providers. We may share personal information with companies that support our Platform and our Services, including any person that hosts or maintains any underlying IT system or data centre that we use to provide our Site or Services.
- Legal obligation or to enforce our rights, prevent fraud and for safety. To comply with any legal obligation, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our employees, our customers, or others, and includes the reporting of data breaches to affected individuals and the Privacy Commissioner where required by the Act. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
11. Disclosure of personal information overseas
We may disclose personal information to our related companies in Japan and Singapore. Our related companies in Japan and Singapore are subject to privacy laws that overall provide comparable safeguards to those in the Act.
12. Communications with you
You have the right to ask us not to use your personal information for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your personal information) if we intend to use your personal information for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain “opt out” boxes on the forms we use to collect your personal information. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com or by phone at 0800 493 796.
13. Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you so that you can update or correct it. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
15. User Registration
This service is provided only for the customers in New Zealand. Those who are outside of New Zealand cannot carry out user registration nor use the services in principle.
Our registered office is located at:
FUJIFILM Business Innovation New Zealand Ltd
10-12 Landing Drive